It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 08:24

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
Welcome to Christ First Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join us for Christian fellowship and friendly discussions.? Looking forward to you joining our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: You Decide! Is Chuck Missler a false teacher?
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 06:46 
Site Admin

Here's an online report on Missler's beliefs (or past beliefs): "I was shocked by what Missler said! I could not believe what I was hearing. He thought the face on Mars indicated that there are Martians who are planning an attack on earth via the moon which would signal the start of the Tribulation"
http://www.bibleandscience.com/otherviews/missler.htm

In his book, "The Mysteries of the Planet Mars," and other such writings, including "Alien Encounters" and "Return of the Nephilim," Missler seeds the Christian community with tantalizing ideas to the effect that aliens are absolutely real and things to be very concerned with...and then has his tapes and books offered for further consideration, for a price. Here's how he sees/saw it: "[The Nephilim are] supernatural monstrosities created eons ago when fallen angels mated with human women. Their existence inspired God to cleanse the earth with the flood, but now they're coming back as ET's, reseeding earth women for dark purposes that predicate the imminent final battles." He claims that, when the Nephilim died in the Flood, it was their demonic spirits within them that arose to become the spaceship-wielding aliens.

During another Missler speaking engagement, where the Christian at the following website considered Missler and his people a little on the lusty/demonic side, Missler "claimed to have 'inside information' about the Mars landing, that it would be diverted to investigate the "face" http://www.a-voice.org/discern/missler.htm

"Bible Codes," championed by Grant Jeffrey. Missler supports this "science." As Rosicrucians were infamous for interspersing codes into their written works, may we wonder if the Rosicrucians aren't behind this new scheme...especially as Hebrew groups with Kabalistic leanings also support the Codes. With these Codes, the Bible could be made to say whatever the Code experts wished it to say, and I note that the emphasis of discovery is on historical events. Have they yet found "Atlantis" and "Martian" in the Bible?

YOU DECIDE!

Post subject: Re: You Decide! Is Chuck Missler a false teacher?
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2011, 23:38 

What happen to this man?

I don't believe for one second that God put 'Bible Codes' within His Word that only a computer can interpret..

I can't remember the address,but there is a scripture where Jesus said, 'He never did anything in SECRET', sooo no, there is no secret bible codes is my own personal belief...

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011, 03:13 
Site Admin

Jeani wrote:
What happen to this man?

I don't believe for one second that God put 'Bible Codes' within His Word that only a computer can interpret..

I can't remember the address,but there is a scripture where Jesus said, 'He never did anything in SECRET', sooo no, there is no secret bible codes is my own personal belief...

Jeani, He has always taught false doctrine of some sort or the other. Most people just fell for him because he was promoted by Chuck Smith and Hal Lindsey. He is no more of a bible scholar then the average Christian as far as I am concerned. What he teaches and believes is well documented in his book and his speeches. I believe that so many Christians are so looking forward to the return of the Lord that when someone like Chuck Missler comes along and tells even a bit of bible truth on prophecy, all discernment goes out the window.

Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning..." Isaiah 48:16

For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off" Deuteronomy 30:11

Contrary to the complexity of the Bible codes, God hides His truth "from the wise and prudent" and reveals it "unto babes" (Lk 10:21). It would therefore be out of character for God to provide a "proof' so complicated that one would have to be an expert in mathematics and statistics and computers and cryptography in order to understand it-and still find oneself in disagreement with other equally qualified experts.

I have tried to warn people about this man and his teachings now for almost ten years and people are falling for it left and right. We must use biblical discernment and test the spirit and words of these people with the scriptures as our guide.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011, 22:18 

The wolves are getting 'bolder' within the church today...

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011, 15:59 

I have no idea who he is, but then I don't listen to TV preachers if he's one.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours