It is currently 22 Aug 2017, 02:19

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
Welcome to Christ First Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join us for Christian fellowship and friendly discussions.? Looking forward to you joining our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re:THE POWER OF GOD
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2017, 01:42 

Note of interest: I was just thinking that all the lost that are left behind during the Tribulation will see God's powerful ability connected to His wrath for 7 years. Even so, many will become believers during that time. Some believers will make it through those 7 years and some will not. Those who make it through will be the ones to repopulate the earth during the thousand year millennium. And I truly believe that time is closer than any of us think! I am so thankful to be in the Lord's 'Army'. Recruiting time is still on. And if you haven't joined the 'troops' yet, please do as soon as possible, for your sake as well as the Lord's! :-) LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

GOD'S ABILITY - Part 2

He is able even to subdue all things to Himself. ~~ Philippians 3:21b

Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, all of whose works are truth, and His ways justice. And those who walk in pride He is able to abase. ~~ Daniel 4:37

"If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O King." Then Nebuchadnezzar went near the mouth of the burning fiery furnace and spoke, saying, "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, servants of the Most High God, come out, and come here." … And they saw these men on whose bodies the fire had no power; the hair of their head was not singed nor were their garments affected, and the smell of fire was not on them. ~~ Daniel 3:17 and 26a, 27b

For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted. ~~ Hebrews 2:18

Power Over Death:

Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead. ~~ Hebrews 11:19a

Post subject: Re: GOD'S POWER TO CREATE
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2017, 03:11 

First off, I want to say that I misnamed this post. It should have been THE POWER OF GOD instead of GOD'S POWER TO CREATE. That would have to be another series! I accidentally named the post the title of the first entry. Oh, well! :-) This is the last part of God's Ability. Then we go back to God's power. When I was a child I can remember Sunday School very well. That is where I learned the love of God and all the Bible stories that children love to hear. I was very fortunate to have people around me who were God's children, following His command to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I am so thankful to be grafted into the family of God. God was able, in my life, to bring me to Him through a series of steps in my life that led me right to the door He was knocking on…the door of my heart. When He knocked, I opened. As by that time I had a much deeper understanding of what I should do to ask Him in. I've never regretted doing so. My life has been much richer. Not trouble free, but then no one's life is trouble free. God does want us to lean on Him during our trials and through our deepest needs. His ability to bring me from 'kindergarten' to a higher grade will also lead me to finally 'graduate'! Praise His precious name! ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

GOD'S ABILITY - Part Three

And that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. ~~ II Timothy 3:15

Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand. ~~ Romans 14:4

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. ~~ Ephesians 3:20, 21

"And now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified." ~~ Acts 20:32

I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. ~~ Romans 11:1 and 23

Post subject: Re: The Power Of God
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2017, 02:14 

Just think, if everyone in America would pray to God and seek His face and turn from wicked ways, He would hear and forgive and heal our land!!! In reality we know that isn't going to happen because not everyone is God's 'people'. But there will come a time when EVERY knee will bow down to God when they realize that He is what He is and that His Word is Truth! As things stand now, the evil in our land seems to be on such a roll that those who oppose God don't even know the meaning of humble, much less submit to being humble. I am so thankful that God loves us enough to forgive our sins…all except for blaspheming the Holy Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit should be treated with reverence, not foolish mockery. In so doing that evil, that one has already denied his/her belief in an almighty and all powerful God. However, as long as we live in the age of Grace, the fields are white, ready to harvest. PTL for all the opportunities to reap souls for Him. ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

CHRIST'S POWER TO FORGIVE SINS

If You, Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But there is forgiveness with You, that you may be feared. ~~ Psalm 130:3, 4

"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." ~~ II Chronicles 7:14

"Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Arise, take up your bed and walk'? But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins" -- He said to the paralytic, "I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go your way to your house." And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, "We never saw anything like this!" ~~ Mark 2:9-12

"And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven." ~~ Luke 12:10

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2017, 00:26 

When we ask Christ into our hearts and lives, He does so many things for us and through us. One of those is that he heals our aching hearts and minds--He gives us peace that passes our own understanding at times. We can't depend on others, even loved ones, to always give us peace…at least the type of peace that God abundantly gives to us. People fail us because they cannot see our needs as God can. Not one person on this Earth can ever know what is in our hearts and minds. We can get familiar enough with friends' and family habits, but that isn't even the 'tip of the iceberg'. But we still live in a fallen world. We're tied to the flesh, which is weak and susceptible to failure at different times. But we are challenged to practice temperance; to bring our body and minds into subjection to the things of the Lord. We would need to be mindful of God, and prayerful, all the day long for that to help us stay on the straight and narrow in doing what is right in God's eyes. Since we are in a 'weak' body, we are open to failing in that task. We can't have a perfect-acting body or mind. But the Holy Spirit who dwells in our hearts is the perfection we do have. God sees that perfection and no longer sees our sins Jesus blood cleansed us from. To Him we are citizens of Heaven already. And when there one day, we will be given that perfection in total. We will no longer have anything but an eternal body, which will be perfection personified! PTL! ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

CHRIST'S POWER TO HEAL THE SOUL

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. ~~ II Corinthians 5:17

"And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" ~~ John 11:26

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. ~~ Hebrews 5:9

So that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. ~~ Romans 5:21

""But has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. ~~ II Timothy 1:10

For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus' sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. ~~ II Corinthians 4:11

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and that they might have it more abundantly. ~~ John 10:10

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2017, 00:29 

When I went to a business college in Denver after graduating from high school, one of my classes I attended took us to a place where babies to adult were placed because they were born with different things not right with their bodies and/or minds. So many things have changed for those born with lots of the problems my class and I witnessed that day. What a sobering experience that was! I witnessed all manner of wrongness that can happen to a human body. One big room had upon the beds, deformed babies and what appeared to be men with beards in baby form. They told us that these were next to the worse type of deformity and that we would not be seeing the worst. It was hard to believe there could be worse!!! Then we went to a large padded room, where not only the floors were padded but also the walls. Toddlers and children a bit older just wondered around that room, moaning and screaming and crying. There were people assigned to being in the room with them to keep them from hurting one another (we were told). It hurt my heart to see all this. We were then shown a little girl baby with a water head (the size of an elongated watermelon) and she was a beautiful child. Her eyes were beautiful with long lashes, and she smiled at us. And we saw others. Some of the adults looked normal and they had outer housing that some stayed in as they were trained to have responsibility and live alone, and to take buses and go to work at menial things. One young man was fixing a window and we were told he was also a resident. Sin in this world has warped the human race in more ways than one. And I know this: Those children and child-like adults will be totally healthy in Heaven. I still don't know the purpose of the business college sending us there that day, but maybe to take some of the silliness from a bunch of giddy girls and replace it with compassion. Oh, to have seen the Lord lay his hands on those children and adults to heal their bodies while still on Earth. But I'm glad they are well now…and with Him who loves them so. ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

CHRIST'S POWER TO HEAL THE BODY

Now it happened on a certain day, as He was teaching, that there were Pharisees and teachers of the law sitting by, who had come out of every town of Galilee, Judea, and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was present to heal them. ~~ Luke 5:17

Now a woman, having a flow of blood for twelve years, who had spent all her livelihood on physicians and could not be healed by any, came from behind and touched the border of His garment. And immediately her flow of blood stopped. ~~ Luke 8:43, 44

Wherever He entered, into villages, cities, or the country, they laid the sick in the marketplaces, and begged Him that they might just touch the border of His garment. And as many as touched Him were made well. ~~ Mark 6:56

When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: "He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses." ~~ Matthew 8:16, 17

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2017, 00:18 

Some of the following verses would also come under God's Power to heal the body, such as what some are born with. It is difficult to believe that anyone living in Jesus' time on Earth could witness Him performing miracles in healing and not believe. But that is what happened with many of the Sadduccees, Pharisees, Sanhedrin, and the Priests. They were all so intent on believing their own ways, that they couldn't see the Truth of God when it looked them in the face. But what joy those experienced that were healed of these diseases, infirmities, and demons possession. They had much to praise God for as a result of being healed. And, you know, we also have much to praise God for today, because, aside from knowing throughout our lives how He has blessed us and had mercy on us, when we are with Him on that golden shore we will also know all the times He helped us and blessed us we didn't know about. On top of this it is a blessing to us when we fervently and faithfully pray for someone's healing and God answers that prayer to heal them. PTL! ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

THE POWER TO HEAL ALL KINDS OF SICKNESS--Part One

Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, "I am willing; be cleansed." And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. ~~ Matthew 8:3

And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God. ~~ Luke 13:13

And that very hour He cured many people of their infirmities, afflictions, and evil spirits; and to many who were blind He gave sight. ~~ Luke 7:21

Then as He entered a certain village, there met Him ten men who were lepers, who stood afar off. So when He saw them. He said to them, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And so it was that as they went, they were cleansed. ~~ Luke 17:12 and 14

Now when Jesus had come into Peter's house, He saw his wife's mother lying sick with a fever. And He touched her hand, and the fever left her. Then she arose and served them. ~~ Matthew 8:14, 15

And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear. But Jesus … touched his ear and healed him. ~~ Luke 22:50, 51

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2017, 05:12 

First off, sorry to be a tad late. Been helping son get ready to can some more salsa to be used for cooking only. I'm the chief jar washer (I jokingly call myself the 'chief of staff"), but also help when it comes time to fill and lid and ring the jars to be placed in the canner. Well, enough about my involvements, but we have such a nice garden this year and on the farm it is huge. I praise God all the time for all the bounty He provides and the health He gives us to keep up with it! :-)

It is so very important to know that when we pray, we must have faith that our God will hear and answer. The answer may not come in the way we desired it to be, but God knows best and He also knows that we will see His ultimate wisdom in whatever decision He has made to answer our prayers. He always hears His children's prayers. However, there is such a thing as praying amiss (outside of His will and not for His glory). I'm sure you can recognize if you pray a selfish prayer to acquire material gain, etc. Search your hearts and know that He does have your best interests in His capable hands!

I can imagine the gratefulness and gladness that those Jesus healed felt when they immediately were healed of whatever sickness or infirmity they had. I'm sure they spread the word of what He had done for them and was thankful to God every day for their healed bodies. What a Saviour!!! ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

POWER TO HEAL ALL KINDS OF SICKNESS--Part Two

And when He had come into the house, the blind men came to Him. And Jesus said to them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They said to Him, "Yes, Lord." Then He touched their eyes saying, "According to your faith let it be to you." And their eyes were opened. ~~ Matthew 9:28-30a

Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him, saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tomented." Then Jesus said to the centurion. "Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you." And his servant was healed that same hour. ~~ Matthew 8:5-6 and 13

Then He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." And he stretched it out, and it was restored as whole as the other. ~~ Matthew 12:13

Now a certain man was there who had an infirmity thirty-eight years. Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed and walk." And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked. ~~ John 5:5 and 8, 9a

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2017, 00:05 

One thing about the following verses you notice right away. Jesus' compassion for the ailing multitudes was endless! He did not turn any of them away. Those people had to see and know how much He cared…how much He loved, and they saw the power He had to heal…firsthand! And considering this day and age, how many of us have ever known elders of a church to gather and pray the prayer of faith to save the sick? And as a result to see the Lord raise him up? Only once have I known in my church for the elders to gather and pray, and the woman prayed for was my sister-in-law. She had an advanced case of ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), and while she was better (no worse) for a short time, the disease took it's final toll a year later. I know she is rejoicing now, but it was a very sad time to see her worsen before our eyes. Because God said no to those prayers of the elders, didn't lessen my faith in God because I know He considered all before He welcomed her home. She finally has a totally healthy body and is happier than she's ever been and ever will be. She now even has a daughter who entered the gates of Heaven 5 years ago. What rejoicing in heaven when we are finally reunited with our loved ones who have gone before. Looking forward to that great day… ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

NO DISEASE TOO STRONG FOR JESUS TO HEAL

Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. ~~ James 5:14a, 15a

Now Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. ~~ Matthew 4:23

…and be healed of their diseases, as well as those who were tormented with unclean spirits. And they were healed. And the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed them all. ~~ Luke 6:17b-19

And begged Him that they might only touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched it were made perfectly well. ~~ Matthew 14:36

Then great multitudes came to Him, having with them those who were lame, blind, mute, maimed, and many others; and they laid them down at Jesus' feet, and He healed them. ~~ Matthew 15:30

And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them there. ~~ Matthew 19:2

:ptl2

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2017, 01:22 

Makes one wonder how many people are demon possessed in this day and age. Probably a lot more than I would ever imagine. What makes a person determined to be evil and do wrong in spite of the consequences? When we look at our government that is riddled with lawless politicians, we also observe that they are rarely dealt with under the law. In other words they get away with what evil they do for now, but when they face a most powerful God one day and they are called upon to give an account of themselves during the Great White Throne Judgment, they will lose so much. God is Truth and no lost person will be able to get away with lying to God who is in the process of judging their spiritual state. He will tell all who have purposely done evil to depart from Him, and that He never knew them. And He says this last mainly because 'they' never knew Him!!! So sad. What is shocking is to know that a child can be possessed in the verse below.

I used politicians only as one example, but there are countless others that we can think of right away. Those who perpetuate lies about how things truly are and warp the truth at every turn (I think of the media here) think they are doing the right thing in forming someone else's opinions, but that backfires in the long run. And God is never deceived. Never! What a huge price to pay, to trade being True for being evil, to trade an eternity in Heaven for an eternity apart from God…and all that is good…in hell. I know Satan is a fallen angel who can never go back to Heaven to guarding God's throne, but I look upon him the same as I do a demon: an entirely corrupt being who will eventually pay for all the havoc he caused on this Earth…for an eternity.

I don't want to end this day's thoughts on the above note, so I am encouraging all of you to keep your eyes and hearts riveted upon our wonderful God and Saviour. Don't let yourself be drawn aside from going forth and spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ. Any other pursuit is not of God and we would do well to realize that many pursuits fall short of God's Glory. When we run down a person's character and spread bad things about that person when we cannot know their heart, in God's eyes we are committing the terrible sin of murder. Be very careful because even though we are believers, we are only going to be judged for what we HAVE DONE for Christ while here on this Earth. All else will be burned away as hay and stubble. Witness for the Lord, win souls, spread love and compassion, be there for others who cannot help themselves, and show others that you are truly a son or daughter of the Lord God Almighty! PTL! LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

CHRIST'S POWER TO CAST OUT DEVILS

And Jesus rebuked the demon, and he came out of him, and the child was cured from that very hour. ~~ Matthew 17:18

And demons also came out of many, crying out and saying, "You are the Christ, the Son of God!" And He, rebuking them, did not allow them to speak, for they knew that He was the Christ. ~~ Luke 4:41

When He had come to the other side, to the country of the Gergesenes, there met Him two demon-possessed men, coming out of the tombs, exceedingly fierce, so that no one could pass that way. And suddenly the cried out, saying "What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?" Now a good way off from them there was a herd of many swine feeding. So the demons begged Him, saying, "If You cast us out,, permit us to go away into the herd of swine." And He said to them, "Go." ~~ Matthew 8:28-32a

Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw. ~~ Matthew 12:22

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2017, 00:53 

I'm so glad that Jesus is the resurrection and the life. Where would our hope for eternity be, if not for Him and the sacrifice He made? What power He has. And He is constant in using His mighty power in good ways. He is wooing us (even the lost) to keep our eyes and hearts centered on Him and in Him. I am so looking forward to Heaven. Our finite minds cannot comprehend the wonders He has in store for us…the peace, love, and happiness that awaits us. However, we are, every hour of each day, faced with the reality of this life we have while here. And we certainly can face it much better with the Lord in our hearts and lives. If I die before He returns to gather His children to Him, then I will be one of those resurrected from the dead. Either way, it will be a wonderful beginning that will last throughout eternity. PTL! ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

CHRIST'S POWER TO RAISE THE DEAD

Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood still. And He said, "Young man, I say to you, arise." And he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother. ~~ Luke 7:14, 15

Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live." Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come forth!" And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with grave clothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, "Loose him and let him go." ~~ John 11:23-25 and 43, 44

While He was still speaking, someone came from the ruler of the synagogue's house, saying to him, "Your daughter is dead. Do not trouble the Teacher." But He put them all out, took her by the hand and called, saying, "Little girl, arise." Then her spirit returned, and she arose immediately. ~~ Luke 8:49 and 54, 55a

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2017, 00:36 

One of my many favorite verses is found in I Thessalonians 4:16. I yearn to hear the Lord's shout, the voice of the archangel, and the trump of God! Those believers who are already in the grave will rise first, and then we who are still alive will be next. Then those around us who witness our instant disappearance, and who have heard of this scripture and yet didn't believe, will be more than stunned. Some will be so ignorant of scripture, that they won't know exactly what has happened. Some will probably dig up the graves of loved ones gone before to see if they are still in their coffins. What a sad day to be left behind and go through 7 years of God's wrath upon this old world. And some of those will undoubtedly be some of my relatives and friends. If thoughts about this soon coming event doesn't goad us into fervently witnessing for Christ's sake, then little else will. Folks, you can see it on the news. Lost human kind have turned so evil in recent years that we cannot doubt the patience of God and His great love for everyone. He isn't willing that any should perish. And when the body of Christ is finally full to God's specifications, then He will come and do all that He has said He will do. If you are on the fence, unwilling to make the commitment to ask the Lord in your heart and lives, don't wait another minute. No one knows the hour or the day when He will appear to call us home. He has said His yoke is easy…and it is! But the yoke Satan puts upon an unsaved person is one of bondage, and it doesn't gladden the heart at all because you are a slave to the sins that weigh you down. I rejoice because the moment Jesus died for the sins of the entire world…past, present, and future…He took the burden of our sins away and placed Himself within our hearts and minds. And He sees our sins no more!!! PTL! ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

GOD'S RESURRECTION PROMISES

"Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming to which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth." ~~ John 5:25, 28, 29a

"And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting Life; and I will raise him up at the last day." ~~ John 6:40

"I have hope in God, which they themselves who accept, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust." ~~ Acts 24:15

Knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you. ~~ II Corinthians 4:14

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. ~~ I Thessalonians 4:16

But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the first-fruits of those who have fallen asleep. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. ~~ I Corinthians 15:20, 22

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours