It is currently 27 Jun 2017, 08:48

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
Welcome to Christ First Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join us for Christian fellowship and friendly discussions.? Looking forward to you joining our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: HELP FROM ABOVE
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2017, 02:46 

In beginning this series, some of the verses will be the same, but with enough variety that many others verses will be included. I'm excited about this as I didn't know if I should start this or not because of all the summer work coming on. I truly don't do too much outdoor work anymore compared to what I did when I was younger, but I am there to cheer everyone else on in things I can't do. :-) I do help out in the vegetable preparations and getting the jars ready and then my son does the rest. Sorry! Got off topic here… Anyway, it is a good thing to re-read verses. That's how they become familiar and dear to our hearts and minds and help us when we need to be assured that the Lord is always with us. His Word is a huge comfort in times of trouble and in happy times. And we are, after all, to keep our thoughts on a higher plain, which at times is very hard to do! My prayer is that this helps all of us and draws us closer to Him who loves us so!!! ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

THE LOVE OF GOD

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. ~~ Romans 5:8

Now before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come that He should depart from this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them in the end. ~~ John 13:1

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends." ~~ John 15:13

And from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood. ~~ Revelation 1:5

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." ~~ John 3:16

The Lord has appeared of old to me saying: "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." ~~ Jeremiah 31:3

Post subject: Re: HELP FROM ABOVE
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2017, 06:14 

To me, the Trinity of God is pointed to strongly, here. I used to give an example to my young kids in class to help them understand the Trinity. Take a walnut, for example. It has an outer hull, the inner shell just beneath, and then inside the shell, the nutmeat. None of those three things that make up the walnut is an actual nut. All three combine to make the nut what it is. In the grocery store you do not see the hull. It eventually rots and must be removed from the shell before being sold. An egg, as an example, can also be used here. The shell, the whites, and the center, the yolk. Anyway, God is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost (or Holy Spirit). All three are one. Each has a specific function. There can be no lack of any of the three because all three are one God. Jesus said it. "I and My Father are one." John 10:30 ~~ CJM

THE DEITY OF JESUS CHRIST

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory. ~~ I Timothy 3:16

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, …full of grace and truth. ~~ John 1:1 and 14

Now all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us." ~~ Matthew 1:22, 23

"I and My Father are one." ~~ John 10:30

Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father?' Do you not believe that I am the Father, and the Father is Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works." ~~ John 14:9, 10

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2017, 04:15 

Isn't it amazing that the only God of all creation chooses to love we humans, who, after all, are the crown of His creation? There are times when I would like to have lived during Jesus time on Earth and come to know Him as my Saviour back then. But that was not to be. Times were hard for many back then. And then I think that this present time is where the Lord brought me into the world surrounded by family who loved me dearly. And now I am at the other end of the age spectrum waiting until I'm called home to be with Him. God chose the time to come to Earth (remember Jesus was God in the flesh) to specifically pay the price for mankind's sins. And He came in a humble manner, which confused many of the Jews for they expected Him to come to rule right away. There are still Jewish people waiting today for that hoped for event. But one day soon the scales of spiritual blindness will be taken from their eyes and they will see the truths (everyone who are blind will) that they have missed so sorely. One thing we learn as children of an Almighty God…we can't fashion Him into what we vision Him to be. He is who He is. He is beyond our description, His ways are past finding out! ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

JESUS THE SON OF GOD

Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. ~~ I John 4:15

And the angel answered asnd said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. ~~ Luke 1:35

For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. ~~ Isaiah 9:6

While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!" ~~ Matthew 17:5

He answered and said, "Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" And Jesus said to him "You have both seen Him (the Son of God) and it is He who is talking with you." ~~ John 9:36, 37

For in Him (Christ Jesus) dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. ~~ Colossians 2:9

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2017, 01:41 

The following verses give me great comfort. But then there are very many in the scriptures that also comfort me…greatly. John 14:6 cuts right to the center of it all. "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." So sad that so many in this world, past and present, have never read or heard these words. Many cultures have their own man-made gods, which cannot hear, see, speak or interact with those that worship them. These false gods are products of the lost within mankind who are open to Satan's every suggestion. But it isn't just false gods that draw mankind away from God. It is all our too-many involvements that steal our time away from the One who longs to have a relationship with us. Sad to say, many believers also have too much clutter in their lives that get in the way of talking to the One who died for them. We can do better if we try. Our Father yearns to hear from us. Yes, He already knows everything about you and all your thoughts, but he wants to hear it from your lips. He wants you to tell Him in first person! ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

JESUS TELLS US WHO HE IS

And He said to them, "You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world." Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." ~~ John 8:23 and 58

The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming" (who is called Christ). "When He comes, He will tell us all things." Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you am He." ~~ John 4:25, 26

And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life, He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." ~~ John 6:35

"As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." ~~ John 9:5

Then Jesus said to them again. "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep." ~~ John 10:7

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live." ~~ John 11:25

"You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am." ~~ John 13:13

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. ~~ John 14:6

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2017, 05:47 

The New Testament is virtually loaded with miracles that Jesus performed. And, even then, there were many more unwritten. The scriptures tell us the world couldn't contain the books, if everything pertaining to Jesus (all that he said and did) was written down (my wording, here). The following verses are only a very tiny percent of what is mentioned in scriptures about all that Jesus did. He still performs miracles today! PTL! ~~ CJM

SOME MIRACLES JESUS DID

Then He commanded the multitudes to sit down on the grass. And He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke and gave the loaves to the disciples; and the disciples gave to the multitudes. So they all ate and were filled, and they took up twelve baskets full of the framents that remained. Now those who had eaten were about five thousand men, besides women and children. ~~ Matthew 14:19-21

But Simon answered and said to Him, "Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net." And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking. ~~ Luke 5:5,6

And behold, two blind men sitting by the road, when they heard that Jesus was passing by, cried out, saying, "Have mercy on us, O Lord, Son of David!" So Jesus…said, "What do you want Me to do for you?" They said to Him, "Lord, that our eyes may be opened." So Jesus had compassion and touched their eyes. And immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him. ~~ Matthew 20:30 and 32b-34

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2017, 02:42 

When I was a child I used to lay on the lawn just before bedtime and look to the heavens. The night sky was literally blanketed with stars. At that time my young heart and mind knew that God created the heavens, but I didn't learn until I was grown that he had named them all…each and every one of them! And in this Milky Way Galaxy where Earth is located, there are multiplied millions of worlds. And in the universe itself, there are many galaxies. Wow! He named them all! Such a wonderful Lord of creation. He loves His creation. He created animals, which have no spirit as we do as when they die they go back to the ground. He created we human beings in His very own image. He wants us to be with Him forever, He loves us so much. Can we doubt that he weeps when even one soul misses Heaven? The Scriptures say there is joy in the presence of angels when just one soul is saved! Think of how much we are treasured and loved by the only magnificent, supreme God! ~~ Songbird/Carol

JESUS CHRIST IS CREATOR AND LORD

God who created all things through Jesus Christ. ~~ Ephesians 3:9b

For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. ~~ Colossians 1:16

All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. ~~ John 1:3

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. ~~ Philippians 2:11

God…has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds. ~~ Hebrews 1:1a, 2

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." ~~ Acts 2:36

For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. ~~ Romans 14:9

God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. ~~ I Corinthians 1:9

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2017, 03:34 

If you are a child of God, then you will never hear the words: "Depart from Me" you who commit iniquity. Those words send chills up my spine because they are the last words I would ever want to hear spoken by my Saviour. That is why we should all be very sure that our hearts haven't deceived us that we are saved when we truly are not. And I know my Saviour's heart will be breaking to ever have to say those words to all who only 'think' they are saved. So many who attend churches throughout America think that all the good they do will get them to Heaven. Not so! Jesus already paid the price for our sins. There is not one thing more that we can do to add to that. We can't earn our way to Heaven. There is no back door to Heaven. How to be saved is in Ephesians 2:8,9. Make no mistake. We can't add to or take away from what Jesus did for us on the cross. So…be sure, be very sure! ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

JESUS CHRIST IS JUDGE OF ALL

But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall al stand before the judgement seat of Christ. ~~ Romans 14:10

I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom. ~~ II Timothy 4:1

"When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats." ~~ Matthew 25:31-32

"For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son." ~~ John 5:22

In the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel. ~~ Romans 2:16

"And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead." ~~ Acts 10:42

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2017, 13:32 

All of the following verses are so good. They couldn't say it any plainer. I feel so sad for all who miss knowing these truths, and who will miss heaven because of it. When does a person stop placing importance on worldly cares and start caring for their own souls? Has Satan blinded the majority of the world to such an extent that they do not care about where they will spend eternity…that they aren't concerned about dying? I'm afraid the answer is yes. If the truth were known, I believe more lost people are concerned about dying than what they let on. However, they don't care to search for the answer, Satan has blinded them that much. Too many children are raised in homes where only secular interests rule. As a result, their lives are laced with problems that would never 'bury' them if they only knew to turn to God for help. How many of we believers care enough to tell others we know to be lost that God is the answer to their problems, even though it may make us very unpopular? Think about it! Then take action. All of us know others around us who are lost and needing the Saviour! ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

PART ONE OF TWO:
REDEMPTION ONLY THROUGH CHRIST

"I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture." ~~ John 10:9

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." ~~ John 14:6

"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins." ~~ John 8:24

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. ~~ Hebrews 5:9

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. ~~ Romans 3:23, 24

Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He ever lives to make intercession for them. ~~ Hebrews 7:25

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." ~~ Acts 4:12

For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. ~~ I Thessalonians 5:9

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2017, 04:09 

Redemption offered for free because He loves us so. In Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you by His love. He will exalt over you with loud singing. And I also love Galatians 5:22-23 in which are named 9 fruits of the Spirit. Mind you now, these are fruits of the Spirit, not fruits of a Christian. We actually spend our lives, as we grow spiritually closer to God, adding the fruits of the Spirit to our believer-lives. We don't automatically come by the fruits of the Spirit just because we are born again. They are something we become! They are as follows: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. You might want to ask yourselves the obvious question…how many of the fruits of the Spirit have you become? The closer you become to the Saviour, the more of these you become: loving, joyful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and full of self-control…all because you have been filled more and more by the Holy Spirit! Remember, He is the potter, we are the clay. He is continually molding and making us what we should be for Him. ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

PART TWO
REDEMPTION ONLY THROUGH CHRIST

But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption. ~~ I Corinthians 1:30

Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. ~~ Titus 2:14

Giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delievered us from the power of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. ~~ Colossians 1:12-14

"For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." ~~ Luke 19:10

And they sang a new song, saying: "You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation." ~~ Revelation 5:9

And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. ~~ Ephesians 5:2

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2017, 00:57 

All of the following verses remind me of how thankful I am that we have a loving Father in Heaven. In looking at all the chaotic incidents that go on around us every day, my heart goes out to all those who do not have the Saviour in their hearts and lives. I then think of all the chaos that will occur when Christ does return in the Rapture. The Age of Grace will abruptly end, and at that very moment, there will not be one, saved soul on the earth though many will be saved during the time of God's wrath, the seven years of Tribulation. My plea to you, if you are not saved, is that you don't over-wait your opportunities to ask Christ into your hearts and lives NOW! His coming is not far off! ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

THE ATONEMENT OF CHRIST'S BLOOD

Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. ~~ Romans 5:9

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace. ~~ Ephesians 1:7

"For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." ~~ Matthew 26:28

Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. ~~ I Peter 1:18, 19

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. ~~ I John 1:7

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? ~~ Hberews 9:14

We also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation. ~~ Romans 5:11b

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2017, 06:18 

FAITH: loyalty; belief in God; trust; belief without proof. This description of faith is from my small, palm-size, handy-dandy dictionary. God cannot lie, therefore I have unfailing faith that the scriptures, which were written by spirit-filled men, is God's Truth. Nothing less! I find great comfort in God's Word. And even though I have great faith that I can trust God's love letter to us, I'm still in the flesh and human to the extent that sometimes when I'm waiting on God's answer to my prayers, I can waver in my patience. The main one being centered on my hubby. He's not saved and is now 79. I've been praying for him to come to the Lord for many, many years. But one cannot force another to accept Christ as their Saviour. That is a choice each and every individual either says yes to, or not. I remember seeing a tract years ago that had flames on the front with large lettering which said: "What to do to go to hell". Opening it up, the inside was totally blank. At the time I thought that tract had to make a lost person think pretty hard. And again, or not. And now I can look at the world at large and see so many who are lost and do not care that they are! But the world has always been this way. In the Old Testament we're told that there is nothing new under the sun. The good news is that Jesus' blood He shed for our sins has taken away our penalty, because He paid that penalty for our sins…paid in full! So that we can be with Him forever. PTL! LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

SALVATION BY FAITH IN CHRIST

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest anyone should boast. ~~ Ephesians 2:8, 9

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. ~~ Romans 5:1

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love. ~~ Galatians 5:6

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved…" ~~ Acts 16:31b

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. ~~ I John 5:4

Then they said to Him, "What shall we do that we may work the works of God?" Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent." ~~ John 6:28, 29

But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name. ~~ John 20:31

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2017, 10:24 

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit. Titus 3:5. In this I'm reminded, once again, that no matter how much I do for the Lord, it doesn't count at all in earning my salvation, because I can't save myself. According to His mercy…His great love for us…are we given the gift of eternal life with Him. We're told in Psalm 100 that His mercy endures forever. All we humans must experience death. I'm so thankful that at that moment, for me, I will instantly be breathing celestial air. On my arrival I will be greeted by all those I've known and loved while on Earth who have made the best choice…to be with our Father in peace and joy. The leaders of the nations on this old world are continually seeking their idea of peace. But peace between nations seems to be more of a compromise until something disagreeable happens and then there is no more so-called peace. So that is false peace. What is needed is to seek after the peace that only God can provide. The peace He gives us deep down in our souls…the assurance that He will always be there for us until we are with Him in the place He has prepared for us. In the meantime, He urges us through His Word to spread His love and the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ. ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

GOD'S MERCY

Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort. ~~ II Corinthians 1:3

Who is a God like You, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in mercy. ~~ Micah 7:18

For Your mercy is great above the heavens, and Your truth reaches to the clouds. ~~ Psalm 108:4

Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. ~~ Lamentations 3:22, 23

For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him. But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, and His righteousness to children's children. ~~ Psalm 103:11, 17

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit. ~~ Titus 3:5

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2017, 20:42 

Within Christianity, some have been accused of "easy believe-ism". In reading the following verses, it is very 'easy' to see why! God has never complicated the plan of Salvation. Mankind is responsible for that error/sin. I would even be among those who have been accused of easy belief. I take God's word literally. He lays the plan of Salvation out in such a way that we can add nothing to it or take away from it without risk of separation from Him forever! Why mankind seeks to complicate an easily understood matter is heartbreaking because it leads the lost farther astray from Truth, except that I know Satan has a lot to do with that. Casting doubt is one of his favorite things to do…always twinned with deceit! And the fact that Jesus Himself said …"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God." ~~ Mark 10:14. Look at the millions of aborted babies in the last how many years! No wonder he said that, since He knew the future. Of course, those little ones' spirits fly straight to Him. I praise His name that, even though His plan of Salvation had a high cost, He made it easy for mankind to be saved from eternal punishment for our sins. In closing off tonight (until tomorrow) I apologize for being late in posting today. I'm fighting an infection and the anti-biotics are making me nauseous even though I take them with food as recommended. ~~ LoveInChrist, Songbird/Carol

GOD INVITES US TO COME TO HIM

"Come now, and let us reason together," says the Lord "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool." ~~ Isaiah 1:18

And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. And whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely. ~~ Revelation 22:17

"Ho! Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price." ~~ Isaiah 55:1

On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink." ~~ John 7:37

But when Jesus saw it, He was greatly displeased and said to them, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God." ~~ Mark 10:14

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~~ Matthew 11:28

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2017, 00:05 

Very sad that so many have turned their faces and hearts from God, much to their eternal sorrow. "If only" could easily be the main echo throughout Hades by those lost who rejected Christ as their Saviour when they had a chance to make the right decision for their eternal lives. We are also told in I John that if you do not love your brother whom you do see, then you cannot love God whom you do not see. Lays it out pretty plain. And living in a crooked and perverse generation (world) has always been difficult for the children of God. Think of Noah and his family (3 sons and their wives, and his own wife). While they were building the Ark to God's specifications, they were taunted from all sides. When Noah, his family, and all the pre-ordained animals that were to be aboard the Ark were closed in by God, and the rains came and the Ark rose due to the flooding, can't you imagine the terror that spread through all who were lost and drowning? Right now, the doors of Heaven are open to all who come to God in repentance and belief, but there will come a time when the age of Grace is ended. Yes, there will be souls saved during the Tribulation, but those who have rejected God out and out beforehand, even knowing the plan of salvation, their hearts will be hardened and they will continue to be fooled by Satan and will wind up taking the Mark of the Beast, which number is 666. (In closing, once again, I just took my last anti-biotic and so glad. Nausea isn't fun and I can't get anything done when feeling sick!.) Hope to get back to posting at a better time each day or well before each day begins without skipping!!! ~~ Songbird/Carol

NOT ALL PEOPLE ARE GOD'S CHILDREN

In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. ~~ I John 3:10

For as many are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." ~~ Romans 8:14, 15

That you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world. ~~ Philippians 2:15

Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you. I will be a Father to you and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." ~~ II Corinthians 6:17, 18

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name. ~~ John 1:12

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2017, 04:09 

My heart breaks for the children who are born to parents who drink, or, in this day and age, do drugs. Those children don't have much of a chance if their parents never change. Many who drink are abusive to spouses and children. Not just physically abusive, but the neglect is great.

Some years ago in one of our state's larger cities (it can happen even in small towns), a babysitter hired to be in charge over two very small children for several days while the parents were away, decided to lock the door and just leave the children alone. One child wasn't much over a year old, but could walk, and the other was around four. The parents returned to a horrendous mess and situation. The smallest child had the same diapers on throughout the entire ordeal, and the four-year old had only been able to get into the dry cereal so they could eat. She was able to get into the milk and they had water, but the interior of the apartment was worse than a pigsty since everything was spilled all over the space. That was the least of the problems. The children were traumatized, filthy beyond description, and starving. I know the Lord was with those little ones and their guardian angels.

The babysitter was a young woman in her twenties, was found and was taken to court. She had no valid excuse for doing what she did, and even so, she should have tried to find someone to take care of the children if she wasn't planning to do so. As you may wonder, they did live in the slum area, but that was no excuse for what she did to those innocent little ones. I shudder when I think of what those children went through, but if they are alive to this day, they would be in their twenties by now. I know I got off the subject of strong drink, but the following verses say it very plainly. Satisfying the lusts of the flesh is also called selfishness…doing what a person wants to do in spite of the consequences to self or others. And countless innocent drivers have been killed because of a drunken driver. So sad that alcohol even exists. Heavy sigh! ~~ Songbird/Carol

WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT STRONG DRINK

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. ~~ Galatians 5:19-21

Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in licentiousness and lewdness, not in strife and envy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts. ~~ Romans 13:13, 14

Woe to those who rise early in the morning, that they may follow intoxicating drink; who continue until night, till wine inflames them! ~~ Isaiah 5:11

Do not look on the wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it swirls around smoothly; at the last it bites like a serpent, and stings like a viper. ~~ Proverbs 23:31,32

Wine is a mocker, intoxicating drink arouses brawling, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise. ~~ Proverbs 20:1

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours