It is currently 22 Aug 2017, 02:02

Welcome
Welcome to Christ First Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join us for Christian fellowship and friendly discussions.? Looking forward to you joining our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Angel Unawares?
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2017, 21:20 

Have you ever wondered if you have been in the presence of an angel, possibly one who was sent to specifically help you? Perhaps, even, it was your guardian angel given permission to become visible to perform that special help you needed.

Concerning the following event I'm about to tell…it actually happened! I've thought of it often through the years and know that someday I will know the truth of it. Of course, the person who helped me could have simply been someone who was actually listening to the Lord urging him to do a good deed. I still wonder because he seemed to be in the right place at the right time that I needed help.

The time was when my oldest son and I was traveling by bus through Nebraska to get to Wyoming where my Mom lived. The terminal was huge and a tad intimidating to me fresh off the farm, which guarantees a load of isolation from the harsher world. To explain that, I saw all types of people in that bus terminal, which made my heart quake a bit more than usual. I should insert that I wouldn't have been quaking so much had I not had my little preschool son with me.

The bus furnished a lavatory+ in the rear, but it had only room for one person and I couldn't take my child in it at the same time with me. So, I viewed the steep stairway to the upper level of the terminal where the restrooms were located. Once on that level, I paused with a lot of doubt as to what to do. My son, although a preschooler, was a tad too old to take into the ladies room. And as I stood there and observed the comings and goings of the men's room, I knew in my heart that I couldn't let my son go in there alone.

What to do!!! I didn't stand there long, however, before being approached by a short, sweet-looking, older man (appeared to be in his 60's or early 70's). He cut right to the concern I had. I'm sure my face reflected my doubts because he had to have observed that I was watching the men's room pretty closely. He introduced himself (wish I would have written down his name before I forgot it) and I did likewise, including my son, Dan. He told me that he often came to the terminal to be on hand to help people in any way he could. Right away he offered to take Dan into the restroom for me and watch out for him.

I've often read that our eyes are the windows to our soul. I believed that with him. He had a very kind and caring demeanor and I had no doubt that he was there to help. I also knew that he was the instant answer to my unspoken prayer to the Lord for help. I don't think I waited even 5 minutes before they were back out and Dan and the man were grinning from ear to ear. He offered to wait with Dan for me to use the ladies room.

I can't say that I had no doubts about leaving Dan with him while I was gone. But once again, inside me, I sensed a reassurance that I could trust the man. I was certainly gone more than 5 minutes, but when I came out, there they stood waiting by the railing that overlooked the busy floor below. I'm sure (tho I can't remember) that here would be the time I let out a held breath of relief! :-)

The man inquired as to if we had had breakfast yet. I must have responded that no we hadn't as he offered to take us to the small eating place there in the terminal. I agreed. He had coffee and Dan and I had some type of breakfast roll and milk (I wasn't a coffee drinker at the time). He even insisted on paying! What was surprising is that dear man stayed with us until we were safely on the bus and stood and waved goodbye as the bus pulled away from the terminal.

I was so thankful to that precious, caring little man. But I've often thanked the Lord over and over for sending him to help my little son and I out at a time when we really needed it. It wasn't an earth-shattering deed, (to me it was!) but what do I know? Something could have happened to my son that would have been life-changing in a bad way had I sent him into the men's restroom alone. I will never know (and I'm sure glad of that), but I believe God knew and provided, which prevented anything bad happening.

I hope to see that little man once again one day in God's eternity. And I will learn his forever name!

LoveInChrist,
Carol/Songbird

:ptls

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]