It is currently 25 Jun 2017, 07:17

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
Welcome to Christ First Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join us for Christian fellowship and friendly discussions.? Looking forward to you joining our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Evolution to blame for one night stands.
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 09:10 

Feminists have striven for decades to emancipate women sexually, but when it comes to casual promiscuity, the female of the species is still more straight-laced than the male. And evolution is to blame.

Women are evolutionary programmed to regret one night stands, while men have evolved to regret not having more of them, a study suggests.

“Women regret that they agree to a one-night stand more often than men. Men regret passing up the chance more than women,” says Prof Leif Edward Ottesen Kennair at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology’s (NTNU) department of psychology.

The study asked 263 Norwegians aged between 19 and 37 years old how they felt about recent one night stands.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017 ... evolution/

This article is an example of Truth being twisted to fit the world view. YES evolution is to blame for one night stands and low sexual morals, but its NOT because we evolved that way... its because when Evolution is considered our reason for being instead of the fact that we were created and loved by an Almighty God , all moral values go out of the window.

So , YES evolution is to blame, but we did not evolve... so clean it up everyone and value yourselves more than pond scum...

:scre

Post subject: Re: Evolution to blame for one night stands.
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 20:01 

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 23:03 
Site Admin

Sin is responsible for one night stands! The Lust of the flesh!

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2017, 05:21 

Remnant wrote:

Evolution eliminates God , therefore morals. So, its a factor, isnt it.

:conso

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2017, 20:40 
Site Admin

Matannah wrote:
Remnant wrote:

I see evolution as a doctrine and a false one. The opposite of the doctrine of creation! One night stands are fornication which is a sin!I see no premises of evolution causing one night stands, but simply fornication having the lust of the flesh!

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2017, 20:51 

[quote="Remnant"][quote="Matannah"][quote="Remnant"]Sin is responsible for one night stands! The Lust of the flesh!

I see evolution as a doctrine and a false one. The opposite of the doctrine of creation! One night stands are fornication which is a sin!I see no premises of evolution causing one night stands, but simply fornication having the lust of the flesh!

Hi Rem, hope you are well.

Yeah, I see where you are coming from , a deep theological view, and on that level you are correct.

The term 'sin' comes from and old english archery term for ' missing the target', and if our kids grow up thinking they are little more than apes, then on a sub conscious level some will do what they like.

We know as Christians how difficult it can be to stay on target, and evolution to mis leads individuals at an early age makes them oblivious to sin.

They also become spiritually lead astray and that's definately a challenge.

The deep view is correct, the practical view is easier to see, understand and helps people to see their potential is more than they were taught.

Thus avoiding one night stands!!!!

Lust of the flesh covers many areas, not just ***.

The Doctrine of Sin

Related Media
Introduction

Any treatment of Christian doctrine would be incomplete if the biblical statement concerning sin were omitted. Modern Philosophy denies the existence of sin, but any such denial is part of a false philosophy. All refusal to admit the existence of sin can neither be controverted nor challenged. The Bible declares sin’s existence and the human heart displays it. Sin is not a myth, it is not a figment of the mind; sin is a fact.

The Explanation of Sin

What is sin? When one seeks the answer to this question in the many and varied definitions of men he is left somewhat confused. There is a difference between the way God describes and explains sin, on the one hand, and the way, on the other hand, that men describe and explain sin. A certain minister excused bad behavior by accounting for it in terms of “infantile environment, traumatic experiences, psychological complexes and the like.” And then he added, “After preaching for fifty years I cannot help feeling that the church harps far too much on sin.”

Now where does a man get such ideas? Certainly not from God’s revelation to man as we find it in the Bible. This same minister, who calls himself “The Christian Agnostic,” also said, “Paul’s words that ‘through one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin’ (Romans 5:12) can be dismissed as nonsense.” Well, to such blasphemy I can only reply that God knows the thoughts of men and is able to answer their questions before they are asked. God tells us in His Word what sin is. But when any man exalts the human mind to the place of deity and goes so far as to rule God out altogether, that man is on the brink of destruction. The Bible condemns human intellect as the supreme court.

Dr. Charles Ryrie has given a listing of Hebrew and Greek words which describe sin. He says that in the Hebrew there are at least eight basic words: “ra, bad (Genesis 38:7); rasha, wickedness (Exodus 2:13); asham, guilt (Hosea 4:15); chata, sin (Exodus 20:20); avon, iniquity (I Samuel 3:13); shagag, err (Isaiah 28:7); taah, wander away (Ezekiel 48:11); pasha, rebel (I Kings 8:50). The usage of these words leads to certain conclusions about the doctrine of sin in the Old Testament. (1) Sin was conceived of as being fundamentally disobedience to God. (2) While disobedience involved both positive and negative ideas, the emphasis was definitely on the positive commission of wrong and not the negative omission of good. In other words, sin was not simply missing the right mark, but hitting the wrong mark. (3) Sin may take many forms, and the Israelite was aware of the particular form which his sin did take.”

“The New Testament uses twelve basic words to describe sin. They are: Kakos, bad (Romans 13:3); poneros, evil (Matthew 5:45); asebes, godless (Romans 1:18); enochos, guilt (Matthew 5:21); hamartia, sin (I Corinthians 6:18); adikia, unrighteousness (I Corinthians 6:9); anomos, lawlessness (I Timothy 1:9); parabates, transgression (Romans 5:14); agnoein, to be ignorant (Romans 1:13); planan, to go astray (I Corinthians 6:9); paraptomai, to fall away (Galatians 6:1); and hupocrites, hypocrite (I Timothy 4:2). From the uses of these words several conclusions may also be drawn. (1) There is always a clear standard against which sin is committed. (2) Ultimately all sin is a positive rebellion against God and a transgression of His standards. (3) Evil may assume a variety of forms. (4) Man’s responsibility is definite and clearly understood.”

This is a valuable listing of the words and their root meanings; however, I would like to expand one or two of the ideas.

The word that is used most frequently is hamartia, missing the mark. It is the most comprehensive term for explaining sin. Paul used the verb hamartano when he wrote, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). God has a high and holy standard of what is right, and so long as man follows the Divine standard he will see himself as he truly exists in God’s eyes. The flat statement of the Almighty is that all men have fallen far short of God’s required standard. It is the popular and common practice of men to create their own standards; however, God has established His standard of perfection for entry into Heaven, and all men have “missed the mark” as an archer’s arrow would fall to the ground because it fell short of its target.

Let no man ever think that he comes anywhere near the standard set by God. God has demanded absolute perfection, and no matter how one measures himself, he falls far short. Some men measure themselves on the basis of human intelligence, some by educational attainment, some by financial success, some by cultural environment, and others by religious performance. But God refuses to accept man on any of these grounds. He has established His perfect standard, and by that standard He measures every man. The Divine verdict in every instance has been the same, “You have come short, you have missed the mark.” And when the best of men have done their best, our Lord would challenge each with the words, “Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?” (Matthew 6:27). However much the difference that is lacking, no man can by himself raise himself to meet God’s moral standard, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). Yes, all without exception, for, says God, “We have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin” (Romans 3:9); that is, both Jew and Gentile have missed the mark.
Continued here......https://bible.org/article/doctrine-sin

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017, 04:30 

Remnant wrote:
The Doctrine of Sin

Related Media
Introduction

Any treatment of Christian doctrine would be incomplete if the biblical statement concerning sin were omitted. Modern Philosophy denies the existence of sin, but any such denial is part of a false philosophy. All refusal to admit the existence of sin can neither be controverted nor challenged. The Bible declares sin’s existence and the human heart displays it. Sin is not a myth, it is not a figment of the mind; sin is a fact.

The Explanation of Sin

What is sin? When one seeks the answer to this question in the many and varied definitions of men he is left somewhat confused. There is a difference between the way God describes and explains sin, on the one hand, and the way, on the other hand, that men describe and explain sin. A certain minister excused bad behavior by accounting for it in terms of “infantile environment, traumatic experiences, psychological complexes and the like.” And then he added, “After preaching for fifty years I cannot help feeling that the church harps far too much on sin.”

Now where does a man get such ideas? Certainly not from God’s revelation to man as we find it in the Bible. This same minister, who calls himself “The Christian Agnostic,” also said, “Paul’s words that ‘through one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin’ (Romans 5:12) can be dismissed as nonsense.” Well, to such blasphemy I can only reply that God knows the thoughts of men and is able to answer their questions before they are asked. God tells us in His Word what sin is. But when any man exalts the human mind to the place of deity and goes so far as to rule God out altogether, that man is on the brink of destruction. The Bible condemns human intellect as the supreme court.

Dr. Charles Ryrie has given a listing of Hebrew and Greek words which describe sin. He says that in the Hebrew there are at least eight basic words: “ra, bad (Genesis 38:7); rasha, wickedness (Exodus 2:13); asham, guilt (Hosea 4:15); chata, sin (Exodus 20:20); avon, iniquity (I Samuel 3:13); shagag, err (Isaiah 28:7); taah, wander away (Ezekiel 48:11); pasha, rebel (I Kings 8:50). The usage of these words leads to certain conclusions about the doctrine of sin in the Old Testament. (1) Sin was conceived of as being fundamentally disobedience to God. (2) While disobedience involved both positive and negative ideas, the emphasis was definitely on the positive commission of wrong and not the negative omission of good. In other words, sin was not simply missing the right mark, but hitting the wrong mark. (3) Sin may take many forms, and the Israelite was aware of the particular form which his sin did take.”

“The New Testament uses twelve basic words to describe sin. They are: Kakos, bad (Romans 13:3); poneros, evil (Matthew 5:45); asebes, godless (Romans 1:18); enochos, guilt (Matthew 5:21); hamartia, sin (I Corinthians 6:18); adikia, unrighteousness (I Corinthians 6:9); anomos, lawlessness (I Timothy 1:9); parabates, transgression (Romans 5:14); agnoein, to be ignorant (Romans 1:13); planan, to go astray (I Corinthians 6:9); paraptomai, to fall away (Galatians 6:1); and hupocrites, hypocrite (I Timothy 4:2). From the uses of these words several conclusions may also be drawn. (1) There is always a clear standard against which sin is committed. (2) Ultimately all sin is a positive rebellion against God and a transgression of His standards. (3) Evil may assume a variety of forms. (4) Man’s responsibility is definite and clearly understood.”

This is a valuable listing of the words and their root meanings; however, I would like to expand one or two of the ideas.

The word that is used most frequently is hamartia, missing the mark. It is the most comprehensive term for explaining sin. Paul used the verb hamartano when he wrote, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). God has a high and holy standard of what is right, and so long as man follows the Divine standard he will see himself as he truly exists in God’s eyes. The flat statement of the Almighty is that all men have fallen far short of God’s required standard. It is the popular and common practice of men to create their own standards; however, God has established His standard of perfection for entry into Heaven, and all men have “missed the mark” as an archer’s arrow would fall to the ground because it fell short of its target.

Let no man ever think that he comes anywhere near the standard set by God. God has demanded absolute perfection, and no matter how one measures himself, he falls far short. Some men measure themselves on the basis of human intelligence, some by educational attainment, some by financial success, some by cultural environment, and others by religious performance. But God refuses to accept man on any of these grounds. He has established His perfect standard, and by that standard He measures every man. The Divine verdict in every instance has been the same, “You have come short, you have missed the mark.” And when the best of men have done their best, our Lord would challenge each with the words, “Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?” (Matthew 6:27). However much the difference that is lacking, no man can by himself raise himself to meet God’s moral standard, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). Yes, all without exception, for, says God, “We have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin” (Romans 3:9); that is, both Jew and Gentile have missed the mark.
Continued here......https://bible.org/article/doctrine-sin

Was I denying sin in my post then? Or was I explaining it????

If you have that much trouble understanding modern language, how in Heaven do you manage the KJV????

????

:tehe

Last edited by Matannah on 03 Feb 2017, 04:50, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017, 04:34 

...Or are you guys still following me around, conspiring in the shadows hoping you can trip me up. :tehe

Relax, tripping me up is not that difficult. It's the Lord that is steadfast!!!

:thup

By the way, noticed you only responded to a grievance you had, not the prayer request I put ...

"You shall know them by their fruits"

Last edited by Matannah on 03 Feb 2017, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017, 10:19 

Oh, and thanks for putting my post to the right of yours...

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

The Truth always shines through, regardless of the attacks from the enemy...

ghtg

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017, 10:31 

AND..................... My post was the narrow post.....Yours was broad!!! :rifl

"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction!!!" (Mat 7.13,14)

The hits just keep coming!!!!!!

:ptls

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2017, 10:48 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours