It is currently 27 Jun 2017, 08:47

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
Welcome to Christ First Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join us for Christian fellowship and friendly discussions.? Looking forward to you joining our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Do You Know Him?
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 02:50 

:gims
I am a very late bloomer. Never attended church with my parents. Our Bible collected dust and held
funeral cards. My senior year I met my future husband and he was a Roman Catholic. The ritual was fasinating to watch and I got pulled in and raised our two children (adults now) in the faith. I was in for 30 years.
From the birth of our second child in '83 to '93 I lived in constant pain in lower back and down right leg. I collasped one morning and was rushed to the doctor. The cat scan showed that I had been born without a vertabre in L4-L5 of lower back...now bone was resting on bone. I decided that if I could not walk again I would do something to take my life. A great
surgeon did a bone grafting and made a vertabre. Got back on my feet, had several other surgeries, lost my dad, reached a point where I did not feel loved or needed any more. Went into a deep depression and medication was needed.
I dug out my old art equiptment and held up in the backroom all day doing art work...the once spotless house keeper had disappeared...I disconnected from friends and my doctor told me I also had Fibromyalgia. Thougts wondered around in my head of ending it ..I felt like I was falling down a deep well and I could not see my way back to the top.
One evening as I was forcing myself to leave my art and the only room I felt comfortable in...as I stood in the doorway for the first time in my whole life I heard (within me) what sounded like the audible voice of God...at that time it did not shock me or firghten me...I had no feelings...but God promised me he was going to bring me through everything.
I remember shrugging my shoulders and walking out of the room without a comment...remember I was Catholic. I left my husband, divorced him and thought that would make things better. I found the boy of my teenage years (my first puppy love and the one I thought I would marry). He was not the way I had remembered him. He actually had become ill and had multipule personalities...But, in a very lucid moment he made me watch "Left Behind" and then handed me his Bible and said, "Patty, this is all you need." After that I bought an NIV Bible and locked myself in my house with art work on one table and my new Bible and note book on another and listening to TBN (only the selected ones I was told to watch).
Late one night (about a month had passed and I could not put the Bible down) God used a minister and put the exact words into his mouth that I needed to hear. I fell to the floor on my knees begging Jesus to come into my life. With arms raised to the heavens and hot tears flowing from my eyes and telling Him I could not do it without Him. I knew He, Jesus, had come into my heart and life in a whole new way and I was saved and born again Feb. 5, 2002..May 2006 God restored my marriage..He brought our children out of the church but my husband remains in it. I still can't believe that God chose me to save for eternity in heaven with Him. He is my All and All and my Great I AM.

Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 Amplified Bible
Note: hope cannot be conjured up by man's effort; it is God's
gift by his Spirit. NIV Bible

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 08:18 
Site Admin

Pat, Thank you so much for sharing that wondeful testimony of God's saving grace.
:yagl

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2017, 18:37 

Bump

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2017, 23:18 
Site Admin

Bump! Do You?

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017, 01:16 

Remnant wrote:
Do You?