It is currently 25 Jun 2017, 07:10

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours

Welcome
Welcome to Christ First Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join us for Christian fellowship and friendly discussions.? Looking forward to you joining our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: A "Point and Counter-Point" Section.
PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 10:02 
Recently, I became part of a subscriber to a Christian web site that publish news on current events. On one of the stories concerned the scandal at the Miss U.S.A. Pageant. Below is one of the Point / Counter-Point exchanges 3 supports of Gay marriage and a conservative Christian who is defending Miss Prejean and traditional marriage.

MCHRISTE
Wed May 13, 2009 6:57 pm : 2 : 1 Flag Delete

Bassomatic76 posted:
"And just in case we were tempted to think that your first comment about stoning gays was out of character and you really aren't arrogant and self-righteous, that second comment certainly cleared up any doubt. I find it interesting that the followers of the man who said that those who are without sin should cast the first stone relish so much in wagging their fingers at others telling them they are going to fry."

My "wagging finger" is being used to warn people about mocking God and his word.

It's not used the way Atheists use their finger when saying that "there is no God". Turning it up for ALL TO SEE.

btvs23 said:
"I am gay and am obviously for gay marriage. But I am actually happy that this girl has come out as such an advocate against gay marriage. Especially since she is saying it was Satan asking her the question and that GOD told her she needed to stand up for him. I am not against beauty contest or breast implants or furthering your carreer by losing as many clothes as possible. Being a lesbian I find her extremely attractive. BUT I do not think it is right for her to use GOD as her reasoning for what she does. She is a hypocrit. And christians should not be behind her just because she is another public figure who disagrees with gay marriage. When everything else she does in her life seems to go against christianity. But like I said in the beginning im not upset this all happened. It sure is making our case look better. No disrespect intended."

NO DISRESPECT INTENDED......but your comments are as you said "sure is making our case look better." Thank You. :-)

"Yes, I do. I grew up with a beautiful, loving and Christian lesbian couple that lived across the street."

Does anyone besides me see the Laodicean OXYMORON in this statement?

A "Christian lesbian" makes as much sense as a "Kosher Pig" or "Jumbo Shrimp".

There's NO SUCH ANIMAL!

When we see exchanges as these from other sites, we need a section on CFF to share them.

;-)

Post subject: Re: A "Point and Counter-Point" Section.
PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 10:40 
Site Admin

Quote:
When we see exchanges as these from other sites, we need a section on CFF to share them.

Jeffery, I do not think that these types of exchanges would be in line with the purpose and guidelines of Christ First Forum.

Quote:
Counter-Point exchanges 3 supports of Gay marriage and a conservative Christian who is defending Miss Prejean and traditional marriage.

I believe that these type of exchanges gives way to arguments and unhealthy dialog.

We do have an apologetics section or anything goes section where one can post things retaining to defence of scripture.

Here are a couple of rules that may pertain to this. I believe it is best to not give the devil an inch!

5. Do not promote anything non-Christian or unscriptural. Do not sign up to attack the Christian faith in disguise of wanting to learn, or questioning the Christian faith as an agnostic, atheist, religious philosopher, or cult member for the entertainment of arguments and debates.

8. Do not promote immoral or ungodly materials or links. This board is a family-friendly Christian Fellowship board. We strive to provide a place for Christians to fellowship and discuss without offence.

15. No hijacking threads with personal agendas.
We will disagree with some and agree with others but it goes too far when it becomes a personal issue that causes derailing of a thread. This is a place of fellowship and forgiveness, not one of private agendas, divisions, alliances, or cliques.Use your best judgment about this, and if you have any questions you can PM the Administrator.

Now I could be wrong and I would like to get others feedback on this. I am always open to change, but it must be for the good of the body of Christ and Christ First Forum.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 13:35 

Quote:
This lesbian lady is not saved and yet she saw the bad message that was being sent by a woman who claims to be a Christian and yet exposes herself in a bikini in front of millions.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 13:56 
Site Admin

Carmela wrote:
Quote:
This lesbian lady is not saved and yet she saw the bad message that was being sent by a woman who claims to be a Christian and yet exposes herself in a bikini in front of millions.

Carmela, Forgive me!
I hit edit on your post instead of quote and by time I realized it, I had already posted it. I tried to fix it but could not.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 14:03 
Site Admin

What I would like to know is should we open this forum up to Lesbians, Gays and whatever individual that might have their on point of few. Sure, sometimes they might just get it right but the problem lies with all that is wrong with their thinking process.
And were do we draw the line? Let them in and then the Satan worshippers, Psychics, etc. Where do we draw the line?

This forum is open to all and we welcome the lost as well of the saved, but their is standard that must be set and we have not had to ban a single person or lock threads because of heated debates or unapropriate material.

I believe that is because of the guidlines and non compromizing position that this forum takes.

I would like to hear from you all on this!
What do you say?

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 14:18 

Non-Christians readily judge us. I used to judge Christians too, thinking of them as nothing but hypocrites.

As far as the Carrie Prejean issue is concerned, it all seems very ironic to me: A mostly naked woman, defending Christian principles, is made famous by a Christian-bashing gay goofball seeking to destroy the mostly naked woman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like healthy debates but rarely have a seen a debate on the internet that has not turned ugly. There is an unbelievable amount of drama on forums and in chats. I think a big part of the reason is because people have relative anonymity. I like what we have here and I enjoy our freedom to express different opinions, while supporting our opinions with the Word. A Point/Counterpoint section could be a very interesting section, albeit a big headache for the moderators. :shock:

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,… (Ephesians 3:20)

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 14:58 

Quote:
should we open this forum up to Lesbians, Gays and whatever individual that might have their on point of few
My vote...Absolutely Not! This is a very unique forum, and I do not want to see it run down the drain.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 17:01 

Remnant wrote:
What I would like to know is should we open this forum up to Lesbians, Gays and whatever individual that might have their on point of few. Sure, sometimes they might just get it right but the problem lies with all that is wrong with their thinking process.
And were do we draw the line? Let them in and then the Satan worshippers, Psychics, etc. Where do we draw the line?

This forum is open to all and we welcome the lost as well of the saved, but their is standard that must be set and we have not had to ban a single person or lock threads because of heated debates or unapropriate material.

I believe that is because of the guidlines and non compromizing position that this forum takes.

I would like to hear from you all on this!
What do you say?

I was wondering what happened to my post. HAHAHAHA!! Anyway, I think I misunderstood you in your original question becasue I definately vote "NO" on allowing unsaved people on board. It would turn into an argumentative free for all just like PNW. I like the way we can discuss topics without having any major differences of opinion. I'm all for witnessing to the unsaved, but when they purposely join Christian forums, they do it just to create problems. Course, they think they are Christians. . .that's the problem. Anyway, I like the "peacefulness" of christfirstforum.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 18:39 

This place is a safe haven in an unfriendly world. I like it. :D

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,… (Ephesians 3:20)

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2009, 18:51 

Sorry I'm late on noticing this~

I agree with Wayne because I like this forum just the way it is.

I enjoy having a male preacher's leadership,and having the rules apply before anyone can join.

Keeps us from being like PNW,arguments,and losing our Christian witness to visitors.

We might always be small, but so is the remnant going to heaven~

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014, 01:34 

I'm very :oops: that I've not read any of these posts in 'SUGGESTIONS" until now. Very interesting!

I agree that we do not need any resemblance to what PNW had. The rules are listed at the very top of this forum for all to go into and read. If a guest doesn't agree with even one rule, they should not join to be a member.

What do we think Heaven is going to be like? Well, one thing we will notice right away and that is that we will all be in total agreement! Yay! Of course, we will have a new body, new name, new heart, one language, and a new mind. We'll be totally cleaned inside and out from all the debris and sins of the world. We'll be given eternal bodies. All we will ever know from then on and throughout eternity is the all encompassing, great love of God and love for one another. Hate won't even exist there. We'll all be equal in God's eyes, for the ground is level at Calvary.

This wonderful Christ First Forum is as close to total agreement it can get while on this earth. We'll just have to wait until we're with our Saviour to experience the total joy that comes from being one with each other.

If it wasn't for Frank being the faithful steward of God's Word and keeping to the rules here, this forum would be chaos! I feel at home here. I can trust my sisters and brothers in Christ…here. I am encouraged, prayed for, loved and challenged to stay in line with God's Word and its precepts.

I hope to be on board until I can no longer sit in front of my computer to log-in. I find peace and rest here and good fellowship.

Now that I've said more than enough (Hee), I'll back out of here to go and enjoy some more reading…

LoveInChrist,
Your Sister…Songbird/Carol/Tweet :-)

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014, 07:05 
Site Admin

Quote:
I agree that we do not need any resemblance to what PNW had. The rules are listed at the very top of this forum for all to go into and read. If a guest doesn't agree with even one rule, they should not join to be a member.

:cam

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 5 hours